ACT Mod-Twin 225 HD Rigid Street Clutch Kit 2004-2021 STI
Availability : 1 In stock
This is ACT's new Mod Twin 225 HD Rigid Race Clutch Kit. This particular clutch kit is ideal for high-horsepower AWD vehicles that experience aggressive launches and high-performance driving conditions. This clutch combines twice the ceramic friction surfaces with an ultra-durable mono-drive sprung hub assembly in a completely modular design.
Each diaphragm spring endures an exclusive four-stage heat-treating process that provides a consistent light-pedal feel. Other features include puck-style friction plates with high-quality ceramic friction materials that deliver a high friction coefficient, superior heat capacity, and longer clutch life. The friction plates uniformly transfer torque to a Mono-Drive sprung hub assembly which extends input shaft life and reduces driveline shock from torsional vibration.
Feel: Predictable aggressive engagement, light pedal effort, quick shifting, possible start-off judder with mild to moderate transmission gear noise.
Life: Forged Aluminum Cover, Mono-drive hub, exclusive diaphragm, premium friction materials, and hardened wear points ensure this long-life twin performs and survives under the most demanding conditions.
Quality: Delivers maximum performance and high heat tolerance by combining robust design, strategic features, choice materials, and close tolerances.
Recommended Use: Drag, Road, or Rally Racing.
ACT Difference: Applying tactical engineering to the MOD-TWIN, ACT presents unique solutions to common tradeoffs found on twin disc clutches, resulting in an ultra-durable, customer serviceable, long-lasting clutch with very high torque capacity. All are 100% clamp load tested, balanced and SFI certified.
- Product Weight (lbs.) - 28.1
- Torque Capacity (ft/lbs.) - 895
- Torque Capacity Over OE - 152%
- Disc Material - Ceramic
- Clutch Disc Diameter (Inches) - 8.8
- Clutch Disc Diameter (Millimeters) - 225
- Input Shaft Diameter (inches) - 1
- Pressure Plate Type - Heavy Duty
- The MOD Twin clutches are fully rebuildable and most components can be ordered separately.
- CNC-machined and dynamically balanced flywheel
- Pressure plate cover
- Diaphragm spring
- Puck-style ceramic friction plates
- Sprung mono-drive hub assembly
- Patented Monoloc Collar
- Release bearing
- Alignment tool
- Pilot bearing (if needed)