AWE Touring Edition Cat-Back Exhaust- Chrome Silver Tips 2016-2022 BRZ / 86
Availability : 2 In stock
The Touring Edition Catback is for drivers who like their BOXER rumble to be deep, hearty, and full of crackles all without any interior drone at cruising speeds. Comprised of 3” and 2.5” T304L stainless steel with a hefty wall thickness of .065”, the Touring Edition features a bullet-style resonator in the mid-pipe and a set of patented 180 Technology® resonators residing in the rear to decimate any drone-prone frequencies from the exhaust note while keeping the flow of power uninterrupted.
As exhaust gases exit the FA24 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.
The Track Edition retains all of the precision engineering from the Touring Edition, and the bullet-style resonator in the mid-pipe, minus AWE’s drone-canceling 180 Technology® resonators in the rear. The result? FA24 rumble with minimal filter, both in and out of the cabin, at all speeds.
- Available as Touring or Track Edition Catback Exhausts
- Touring Edition features AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, tuned specifically for the FA24
- 5” double-walled, slash-cut available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Handcrafted from 3” & 2.5” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes flow
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed